1x4: 1@ 8" long (top of nightstand)
1x4: 2@10" long (sides of nightstand)
1x4: 2@ 6" long (shelves)
MDF: 7" wide x 10.5" high (back of piece)
2" nails/nail gun
wood putty to fill holes and knots
paint or stain to finish piece
1. Mark your measurements onto your wood and cut out pieces.
2. Sand all wood well so that the edges go together snugly.
3. Lay 2 10" side pieces down flat, side by side and squared off with each other, so that you can mark where the shelves will be nailed:
The bottom shelf is located 2" from the bottom of the sides, and the top shelf is located 6.75" from the bottom of the sides. (These measurements are to the BOTTOM side of each shelf.)
4. Nail the sides into the shelves to create a "ladder" shape:
6. Nail the MDF backing on the the back of the piece, being sure to square the edges and make sure they are flush with the sides (my piece is a little small because I used scrap.)
7. Fill all nail holes and knots in wood with wood putty.
8. Sand piece well.
9. Finish as desired with paint or stain.
Please feel free to use these plans to build furniture, for sale or for pleasure, but please do not sell the PLANS as your "own". Please also give credit to me and link back here! I hope you enjoy them!!
***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.