Today we are making
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
for our dolls!
YOU WILL NEED:
1 - 2 ounce package of BEIGE polymer clay (noodles, chicken)
1 - 2 ounce package of ORANGE polymer clay (carrots)
1 - 2 ounce package of GREEN polymer clay (peas)
Translucent Liquid Sculpey (to make your broth)
Triple Thick (clear glaze to seal your cereal) AND dedicated paintbrush to apply
Pastel Chalks (for creating color in your broth) AND dedicated paintbrush to apply
Polyblade (for cutting your clay)
a clay "plastic roller" or a clay "pasta machine" (for rolling out your clay)
tinfoil (AND / OR a dedicated glass baking dish)
Old toothbrush (for texturing) AND/OR a small ball of tin foil
***I purchased a ceramic soy sauce bowl from World Market to use as the soup bowl.DIRECTIONS:
1. Roll out some of your beige clay (to warm it up) and place into your clay extruder. Extrude out snakes of clay. (I use a vise to squeeze the clay extruder...they need to design these things better...)
5. Roll out a snake of beige clay until it is the thickness of a SHARPIE marker (about 1/2"). Pinch one side of the snake so that it is "Egg" shaped when standing on end (this gives your chicken piece a bit of shape):
7. You may also add some dark-brown chalk to give the snake a "browned" look:
11. Roll out a small ball of orange clay (about 1/2" in diameter):
14. Roll out your green clay into a small ball (about 1/2" in diameter):
17. On a scrap piece of tin foil, place a glob of TLS (about 2-3" in diameter), and then shave some dark-yellow chalk onto the top. Mix the chalk into the TLS well, until the color of the TLS is a light yellow:
22. Once baked, allow to cool. Once cool, glaze with Triple Thick and allow to dry overnight.
You are now ready for play!
The spoon is from a silverware set sold here:
The "glass" is from Joann's and is a "candle holder".
I believe these are the same (they have changed packaging):
PLEASE REMIND YOUR CHILDREN THAT
THIS "FOOD" IS FOR PLAY
AND SHOULD NEVER BE PLACED INTO THEIR
Please feel free to use these plans to build furniture, for sale or for pleasure, but please do not sell the PLANS as your "own". Please also give credit to me and link back here! I hope you enjoy them!!
***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.