Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby Doll: Bassinets

I've decided to go through my craft stash....and make Christmas presents for the kids. I never knew I had SO MUCH fabric, or so many unfinished (READ: half-way done and I gave up or got side-tracked) projects!

I have a 2 year old niece who is fascinated with baby dolls and pretending to be "mommy". She's a girlie-girl. I searched the internet and was introduced to TWELVE CRAFTS TILL CHRISTMAS, and her doll bassinet tutorial! Brilliant idea for me to use!


***I will allow her to tell you how to do it...can't improve upon perfection.

Here's the finished product for my niece (using my stashes of fabric, lace and quilt batting):

And, of course, why make 1 when you can make 2 just as easily!! So....here is one for my daughter:

And then.....my daughter found them. SO EXCITED! She said "not Cwis-mus, mommy", and that was that. We took the other bassinet to my niece (didn't want them arguing over the same bassinet while we visited), so I guess I'll have to make something else for Christmas. :)

***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question - I don't bite and would love to write back, especially if you'd like help or have questions!!