Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pretend Play: Wooden Mail Box



I finally finished my daughter's wooden mailbox a couple months ago.  The plan can be found here: http://ana-white.com/2009/12/plan-cutest-mail-box-ever.html

I put some stamps onto index cards, filled in some addresses to make them look like mail, and then had them laminated (local teacher supply store).  Some "mail" were just blank "return envelopes" from junk mail and bills we had received.....great way to recycle! 

The USPS logo on the side of the mailbox is from GOOGLE images.  I just printed out one for each side and decoupaged them on the wood.  



I added a small "locking hasp" to the door....kids love locks and keys!  The top "mail slot" is fixed, not hinged, like a traditional mail box.  (I didn't want possible pinched fingers!)

Head over to Ana's website and pick out something FUN and EASY to build this Christmas!  You won't be disappointed!!!

***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question - I don't bite and would love to write back, especially if you'd like help or have questions!!