Before I head off for my Spring Break....
I wanted to bring you one last plan!
I apologize for the "speedy" pictures...I was rushing to get this plan to you!
SHOPPING LIST: (You may have some of these pieces on-hand as SCRAP)
2 - 1x6@ 11.5" (for sides of the sink)
2 - 1x6@ 10.5" (for bottom shelf and bottom of sink basin)
1 - 1x3@ 10.5" (for front of sink basin)
1 - 1x4@ 10.5" (for backsplash of sink basin)
1 - 1x2@ 10.5" (for bottom front toe kick)
1 - 3/8" round dowel @ 12" (for hanging sink skirt ***if desired)
1 - scrap fabric @ roughly 6.5"high x 12"long (to make sink skirt curtain)
Air nailer / 1.5" Nails
Drill / small drill bit (to bore out 3/8" dowel hole)
tape measure / pencil
small hand saw
120 Grit sand paper
wood putty to fill holes and knots
Paint or stain to finish your piece (if desired)
1. Cut out all of your pieces of wood to the sizes specified in the shopping list.
2. Place your 1x3 on the side boards (as shown below) and mark where to nail. Also place your sink bottom onto the board and mark, and your toe kick and bottom shelf and mark. Use a straight edge to make sure that both sides of your sink are marked evenly so your shelves will be level:
3. After marking, nail on your bottom shelf:
4. Nail on your sink basin bottom (top shelf):
5. Turn your sink onto it's face, and then nail on the 1x4 backsplash:
6. Turn the sink back over to the front...
7. And then nail on your 1x3 sink basin front:
8. Nail on your 1x2 toe kick to the bottom front:
9. Your sink should now look like this:
10. If your sink will have a curtain, drill one hole on either side of the sink (1x6) 3.75" down from the top of the sink and about .5" in from the front of the sink. Your dowel will then be passed through one hole, across the sink cupboard, and then rest in the other hole.
11. Fill all holes with wood putty and let dry. Sand well. Finish with paint or stain as desired.
12. Sew a small curtain to hang on the dowel, if desired.
13. Your dry sink is now finished!
It's a great place to wash dishes...
Or maybe your doll has a "Pet Washing Service"??
Or how about an outdoor potting station for her greenhouse??
Or how about a place to develop all of Kit's photographs??
Please feel free to use these plans to build furniture, for sale or for pleasure, but please do not sell the PLANS as your "own". Please also give credit to me and link back here! I hope you enjoy them!!
***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.