Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pretend Play: Wooden Grocery Store

My next project was a Grocery Store directly from Ana:

Remember that pile of wood? This was one of the 5 projects that I had planned for! I wanted a place to store several play food items, so why not make a place for my daughter to play as well?

Getting the frame together was a TRUE BEAST! It wasn't that the project was hard, it was just that the unit is VERY HEAVY and hard to turn back and forth. (I don't worry about this unit falling on my daughter - WAY TOO HEAVY!! :) )

I primed and painted the unit, although I only managed 1 coat of paint before my daughter was jumping UP AND DOWN to play with her grocery store!

Here is the grocery store next to the other pieces we have built so far:

We use the grocery store base as a place to play store (cash register and food), as well as a place to store all of her play food (bins) and dishes (shelves). My toddler LOVES it!

***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or a question - I don't bite and would love to write back, especially if you'd like help or have questions!!