Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pretend Play: Wooden Refrigerator

We arrived back home after Christmas, and I had a MAJOR addiction to building....

Ana (at http://ana-white.com/2009/10/grace-playhouse-kitchen-improved-fridge_7836.html) had the plans for a wooden play refrigerator, so I knew that was the next thing I HAD to build for my daughter!

I followed Ana's plans exactly, with no trouble. I did enlist my husband's help one evening to hold the sides still while I nailed them into place (it's hard to do this ALONE and with a toddler). I sanded and painted the piece as you see it here. I painted the doors separately and my husband helped me add them to the front (once again, hard to do without help). I used cabinet pulls from Ikea as the door handles. (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture.)

I also printed out some color pictures from the internet and decoupaged them to the inside of the fridge. I wanted to give it a little "extra help".

Here is the finished fridge next to the play kitchen that my daughter got at Christmas.

I thought that the fridge was the EASIEST project to build! Ana's plans were VERY simple and easy to understand. :)

***I am NOT LIABLE for any plans featured here. Please take every precaution and use your own discretion to make sure these toys are safe for children to play with them.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the kitchen set in this picture? I'd love to build one like that for my daughter.

    Thanks, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi!

    The wooden kitchen was a gift (last years model) from Target. This year, their kitchens are red and are a different "design". Kidkraft (google, Amazon) makes many wooden kitchens that are similar to this one in style and color. If I hadn't received the kitchen as a gift, I would have built one for my daughter using Ana's plans. I hope that somehow helps? Thanks for looking at the website! More things on the way.... ENJOY BUILDING!!!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or a question - I don't bite and would love to write back, especially if you'd like help or have questions!!